Updated: Jul 2, 2020
Summer sunny days, cool breezy summer days are here!!!!!! As nice as laying back and relaxing at the pool is, we can NOT get lax on our skincare. These rays of fabulous sunshine are harmful without proper protection . We at Caviar Academy of Cosmetology are going to share our skin secrets with you and how to keep beautiful smooth hydrated skin all Summer long.
5. Number 5 on our list is GET PLENTY OF REST. I can not stress enough how rest is so important!!! The days are longer, we tend to be more active and outdoors more. Getting enough sleep helps prevent signs of ageing. Remember during sleep our body is producing collagen and repairing damage caused from UV exposure or environmental damage.
4. Cool Showers are a MUST. Wellness expert Dr. Jacqueline Schaffer, MD, says that cold water tightens and constricts the blood flow which gives your skin a healthier glow. Also hot water tends to dry our "sebum" layer and that's not good for this summer heat!!
3. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize!!!!! This is HUGE!!!!!!! If you think your skin does not need moisturizer during the summer months, you are wrong. The only difference is that the heavy moisturizers that you used during winter will not work during summer. You need to use a light moisturizer when the weather is warm. Pick a non-greasy and lightweight one with SPF!!!!! So important!!!
2. Nothing is worse that dry chapped lips, ugh. Number 2 on our list is lip balm!!!! Keep lip balm on you at all times. Hydrate those lips! Sky Organics makes a fabulous lip balm that hydrates fabulously and comes in tinted or regular. Stay clear from any type of medicated lip balm during the fall and winter months as this can cause severe irritation.
1. Drink lots and lots of water. As most of us know that it is so important to drink lots of water during summer months to stop dehydration, but water doesn't just help with dehydration. Drinking more water helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles, it improves skin elasticity and complexion. Faster healing, If you’ve ever gotten a sunburn, you know how painful it can be and how long it can last. The good news is that drinking more water can help speed up the healing process for your sunburn.